ur.Odighizuwa opened some eyes in

in Boots for women cheap online sale 14.01.2019 05:19
von t123 • 1.185 Beiträge

MONTREAL -- The Montreal Alouettes offensive line is usually taken for granted as one of the best in the Canadian Football League. But the Als big men will have pressure on their shoulders when they face the Calgary Stampeders on Saturday night missing both starting guards. Nine-time CFL all-star Scott Flory was lost for the rest of the season when he suffered a torn biceps in a 22-14 loss to the Stampeders (2-1) last week. Guard Andrew Woodruff was already on the nine-game disabled list, reportedly with concussion symptoms. That will bring versatile backup Ryan Bomben into the starting five for the rematch at McMahon Stadium. American Mike Ola had already moved in at guard to replace Woodruff. "Its going OK," tackle Josh Bourke said Thursday. "Were still working through things, but the biggest thing is they know what theyre doing. "Theyve played enough that they know whats going on and theyre prepared to step in and play right away." The unit that allowed just 30 sacks last season -- which has Luc Brodeur-Jourdain at centre between guards Flory and Woodruff and tackles Bourke and Jeff Perrett -- was already taking heat for giving up 13 in the first three games of the 2013 campaign. The entire offence has struggled with the departure of coach Marc Trestman to the Chicago Bears, as the Alouettes (1-2) gets used to a new system under Dan Hawkins and offensive co-ordinator Mike Miller. Sacks are only part of the nightmare for 40-year-old quarterback Anthony Calvillo, who has laboured to move the chains under the new regime. His 69.0 efficiency rating is more than 30 points below normal. "We havent played our best, but as an offence in general we havent played our best this season," said Bourke, the CFLs 2011 outstanding lineman. "We realize that. "We know were a work in progress right now. But we have a lot of talent on this offence and I think we can pop at any time. You have to stay positive. One of these weeks things are going to click for us." Its new territory for the O-line. The starting five lost only five man-games to injury all last season, four of them when Perrett was sidelined with a hyper-extended left knee. The good news is they have depth. Ola, in his second season in Montreal, played eight games in 2012, five as a starter. He can play both guard and tackle. Bomben, a Burlington, Ont., native in his third season, is a jack-of-all-trades, playing guard, tackle, tight end and fullback at different times while dressing for all 18 games last season. He even caught five passes for 33 yards and a touchdown. "He has tremendous feet," Brodeur-Jourdain said of Bomben. "Hes in a bad position and suddenly he gets back. "Im very confident in these two guards. But for sure, we cant replace Flory. Hes the mastermind of our O-line for many years. Hes the brain, basically." The 37-year-old Flory, a two-time CFL outstanding lineman, is certainly the elder statesman. The Regina native has been an Alouette since his pro debut in 1999. He has missed only one game in the last 13 years. "Besides being a great player, hes the biggest leader we have," added Bourke. "But to honour him, we just have to play well." Meanwhile, Calvillo was throwing the ball with no problem a day after banging a finger on a helmet in practice. He had jammed the same hand against the Stampeders, but stayed in the game. "The strength was OK and that was the only thing I was concerned with," the CFLs all-time passing leader said. "Its still sore, but thats going to happen. "I was able to complete my throws and I was very happy with it." It will be Montreals second away game of the season, but they didnt use simulated crowd noise while the offence practised this week. Calvillo said thats normal for a trip to McMahon. "Every time weve been in Calgary weve never been on the silent count," he said. "(Adviser to the head coach) Doug Berry, when he was in Winnipeg, never went on the silent count. "Its always going to be loud, but we always got away with it. It was definitely discussed this week." Still, the noise will be a test for Brodeur-Jourdain. In a season-opening victory in Winnipeg, the centre was called twice for procedure for bobbing his head two times before snapping the ball as part of a silent count. A new CFL rule allows only one head-bob per play as it is considered a ploy to lure defences offside. "Its always hard to play in the noise, and then you cant use your silent count," he said. "Then everything is on one, so that makes it easy for the defence." Chaussure Puma France .ca looks back at the stories and moments that made the year memorable. Chaussure Puma Pas Cher France . The 31-year-old Spain midfielder hasnt played since Madrid lost in the Copa del Rey final to Atletico Madrid in May due to back and foot injuries. http://www.francepuma.fr/ . -- Adam Snyder returned to the San Francisco 49ers this season because the offensive lineman thought it was his best opportunity to win a championship. Puma Pas Cher France .com) - The Edmonton Oilers and Vancouver Canucks both take aim at their first wins of the season on Saturday, as the Canucks open their home slate at Rogers Arena. Chaussure Puma En Solde . A big centre with all the tools to be an elite player, Johansen paced the Blue Jackets with a standout game Saturday night. He had a goal and two assists for a career-high three points as Columbus beat the New York Islanders 5-2 to snap a five-game losing streak. EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- Defensive end Owa Odighizuwa was somewhat of an afterthought when the New York Giants reported to training camp.The third-round draft pick in 2015 played in only four games as a rookie because of foot and hamstring issues, and he didnt do much when he was on the field, collecting three tackles.So when the Giants signed defensive end Olivier Vernon and tackle Damon Snacks Harrison during free agency, re-signed end Jason Pierre-Paul and had tackle Johnathan Hankins return from a pectoral injury, that was the talk of the line.Other players would get some time, but those guys were going to be the main four.Odighizuwa opened some eyes in Friday nights 27-10 preseason loss to the Miami Dolphins. The UCLA product had two sacks, three quarterback hits and three tackles.It wasnt garbage-time numbers, either. His first quarterback hit came on Ryan Tannehill on the Dolphins third play from scrimmage on a move from the inside. His sacks against backup Matt Moore came late in the second quarter and early in the third.It was awesome and it was a lot of fun, Odighizuwa said Sunday after the Giants returned to practice following a day off. Just being able to make some plays and be out there for the first time in a while was a lot of fun.Odighizuwa never felt overlooked after the offseason signings.I just looked at it as I still have an opportunity, and its up to me to make the most of it and prepare, so I can display my skill set, he said.Odighizuwa reminnds many of former Giants Osi Umenyiora and Mathias Kiwanuka.dddddddddddd He is quick off the ball like Umenyiora and has some of the linebacker skills that Kiwanuka showed in alternating between end and linebacker.I went back to the drawing board and looked at the situation and looked at my body, it was pretty beat up from the process of the pre-draft and what not, Odighizuwa said. I just looked at how to train better and train smarter, and I attacked it.His weight didnt change in the offseason, but he worked on his soft tissue and got together with a message therapist to keep his body loose and flexible. His got a little stronger and worked on his movement on the field.Odighizuwa also spent a lot of time watching film to learn more about pass rushing techniques. He studied the Giants best in recent years -- Osi, JPP, Justin Tuck and Michael Strahan.I watched guys with different body types and compared them to me, what they do that I can probably do, and what they do that I cant do, he said. I just did that with a whole list of different guys and tried to work on things that could really help me.In the preseason opener, it was the right formula.Second-year safety Landon Collins noticed the change.When you have guys like that, that can rush the passer, its fantastic, he said.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Online Stitched Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Outlet College Jerseys For Sale Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys For Sale Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shoessalesis
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5728 Themen und 10294 Beiträge.